Seth M. Katzen, DO
Dr. Seth Katzen is the double board-certified interventional spine and pain physician at Girard Orthopaedic Surgeons in San Diego, California. He completed subspecialty training at the top ranked ACGME accredited interventional pain management fellowship program at UC San Diego in the Department of Anesthesiology. Prior to this, Dr. Katzen completed residency training in the specialty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) at Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine, where he served as the Administrative Chief Resident.
Dr. Katzen aims to optimize the treatment of acute and chronic pain symptoms utilizing an opioid sparing, multidisciplinary approach, along with the most cutting-edge pain management techniques. He specializes in a wide array of advanced neuromodulation, regenerative medicine and minimally invasive procedures to treat painful conditions. Dr. Katzen is interested in forging advances in the areas of interventional pain and musculoskeletal medicine through involvement in academic research-having published and presented several studies and cases both nationally and internationally. He is a native San Diegan and strives to provide the best care for the people of his home community.
- Undergraduate- San Diego State University San Diego, CA- B.S. Kinesiology/Sports Medicine (summa cum laude) 2011
- Medical- Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Indianapolis, IN - D.O. 2017
- Residency-Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2017-2021
- Fellowship-UC San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA – Anesthesiology Pain Medicine, 2021-2022
- California Medical License
- Double Board Certified: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in PM&R and Pain Medicine
- Interventional Pain Management
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- Regenerative Medicine
- Minimally Invasive Spine Procedures
- Sports Medicine
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation